Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Happy Holidays, End of the Year Note, and a Special Surprise

First off, I want to wish everyone the happiest of holidays and hope that all of you can enjoy time with the ones closest to you.  It seems like the season went by awfully fast this year, which didn't allow much time for writing, but on Thursday, it's back to business for me.

I also want to take a moment to reflect on the past year.  2013 marked the beginning of my career as a published author, and I have been very pleased with the results.  Although I haven't sold a million copies or made a six figure deal with a publishing company, I have published two books this year as well as wrote an additional one that I am submitting for publication early next year.  I have all of you to thank for this.  I would not be sitting here this evening writing this if you weren't, so my sincerest thanks are with you, and cheers to an even more prosperous 2014.

Also, I promised you guys a treat earlier this month, and now the time has finally arrived.  Under the bonus material tab on the website, you will find a short story that I had published in my university's literary magazine entitled "The Fame."  I am eager to share it with all of you as I plan on turning it into a full-length novel eventually and would love to get your feedback.  Please leave comments as you wish and thanks in advance.

Again, I thank you all and would like to wish you happy holidays and a great 2014!

M.F.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment